Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Survival

Yesterday I was coaching Natalie with a few pointers about riding her flaming, mini-magenta bicycle, with butterflies. Exactly how my mom & grandma chanted at me, when I was in mere frustration, just as soon as, I came to a complete rolling stop, after so much leg work to get going...

I reiterate the following in the best 'choo choo' voice I could muster... "Natalie all you have to do is say .... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, if you say you can't chances are you won't!"

To sum it up, "Chugga Chugga, Suga Suga!!"

She grunts in frustration, that at this point, I'm not even paying any attention to her direction. Not even joking, true story. Less than ten minutes later she cruises over, takes off her helmet, and in one big gusty breath sighs... "Brittany, I'm ready to ride with out pads and helmet now!!"

This beam lit child struck my heart with gold at that moment. Sleep disabled as I am at this moment, I find a blog to comfort. Natalie received that flaming, mini-magenta bicycle, with butterflies for her third birthday after returning home from Canada. By December, she was wheeling it all around the place, she rode to both mommy's work and daddy's shop, practiced going over bumps in every direction, and even showed up her older sister on the bravery scale who is six years old!

I'm just putting this out there, but I'm a firm believer that she will be riding with no training wheels by the time she's four.

No comments:

Post a Comment