Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wrapped Up




Imagine this, wrap yourself in your own words, daily. Do things that you typically do, however with a vivacious style and unlimited amount of enthusiasm. Play pretend for at least five minutes, make believe you're a rainbow-- for only one moment you are all the colors. Rule this, the owner's manual that's inside you-- tear it up!




Admire the comfort of a Kleenex, the kids have the sniffles. Move forward in a direction that gives no point to return, help people feel better. Make a list, cross things off, stay sharp. The Easter Bunny is coming this weekend, word on the street says he's been spotted handing out candy off Eastern Avenue near the radio stations. I will be keeping my eyes open, and possibly even handing out some candy myself this weekend. Every holiday it's a must to represent Cayman Taffy Company, as everything made there is delectable.


This weekend:


* Cook BBQ and honey mustard chicken

* Eat sweet potatoes

* Run the 10k loop, log time

* Blog more about my event proposals involving both Tobacco and Skin Cancer Awareness

* Skype with the Mom
* Ride horses

* Find an Easter Egg

* Jump rope

* Kayak

* Meet up with Darquise to chat about ideas/planning

* Get art supplies to begin illustrations and manuscript rough draft

* Organize notes

* Dive and Snorkel- while using my underwater camera for the first time EVER!!!

* Dance on the beach

* Swim and practice back flips some more

* Eat pineapple


Bare in mind these things may not happen in that order, but hopefully they will all happen! I have four days to organize and regroup for the successful month of April. So far the month is a success, my grandpa really had a good scare for April Fool's Day.
I had to do it, it's tradition in my family that I prank him every year. I called him up pretending to be a police officer from the RCIP (Royal Cayman Islands Police). I said in the best manly police officer voice I could muster, "Your granddaughter Brittany Rae Thiel has been listed as a fugitive for the past few weeks with suspicion of illegal actions. Sir, do you have any idea of Brittany's where abouts?"

LOL!!! Boy was he stumped. Grandpa did do a good job trying to cover me though, saying "Oh she's fine, Brittany she's a good girl! I know exactly where she is in the Cayman Islands, she's been living there for the past two years!!" I could tell he was nervous so I had to bust out laughing, ohhhh did I get him good, AGAIN!!! This was my fugitive accomplice! ; ) Floris the Fugitive Flamingo!!!





1 comment:

  1. I see you have a new entry on your blog. NICE.
    Love the image of the rainbow at Rum Point, the
    image of George Town harbor with boats, ( I shot at the same place ), and the beach image with house in background. Very nice composition!!
    Glad to see you are using, or going to use your underwater camera. Mine hasn't got wet yet.
    Funny April Fool's trick you played on your Grandpa

    ReplyDelete